Monday, June 4, 2012


I discovered Emily Giffin's books while I was doing my internship in Orlando. I really got back into reading while I was there and this author is one of the reasons. All of her books are fiction, but I enjoy them because they are based on situations that can happen in reality. The way she writes causes you to invest in the characters as if they are personal friends of yours leaving gasping  and cheering for the characters at the same time.

Something Borrowed is written from the point-of-view of Rachel White. Rachel has always lived her life very straight and narrow, focusing on pleasing others before herself. Her best friend , Darcy Rhone, is the complete opposite of Rachel. She is outgoing, fearless, and very narcissistic.  On the night of Rachel's 30th birthday party something happens that puts both of the women in a love triangle that changes both of their lives, and friendship, forever.

This book will leave you questioning everything you thought friendship stood for and hurting for both of the women.

Be BEAUTIFUL. Be MOTIVATED. Be INSPIRED.

No comments:

Post a Comment